Tuesday 20 October 2009

Open Studio Weekend

A belated update! At the end of September I participated in Cheshire Open Studios, a network of artists opened up their work spaces for the weekend to the public. It was a big task to transform my garden and house into a mini gallery-cum-sculpture garden, my cats certainly regarded it as odd! Some lovely people visited and I got some positive feedback.


The weekend was also a good chance to debut my new jewellery pieces. I have been experimenting by creating flowers using sweet wrappers and stitched with wire, a development of my installation work Everything Glows for the Very Small. Jewellery is a new avenue for my work, a kind of sculpture for the body. I would love to develop it further, creating larger, brighter more arresting pieces.

No comments: