Monday 4 April 2011

ReVisit Project at the Haworth


Excitingly I've recently been commissioned for a community engagement project at the Haworth Art Gallery in Lancashire. The gallery has a stunningly special collection of Tiffany glass and is currently working with one of my favourite artists Stuart Haygarth to commission a brand new sculptural installation for the historic Arts and Crafts building. Haygarth uses found and reclaimed objects in fascinating ways to create functional and decorative design objects.

I've been given the task of planning and delivering a series of workshops that invite the public into the Haworth to creatively engage with the collection and Stuart's work. In my own work I have an ongoing fascination for pattern and glowing colour so expect something kaleidoscopic and bright inspired by millefiori and stained glass! Watch this space for more information about my research and the ReVisit workshop programme as it develops.

No comments: